Tool Arm size?

Tool Arm size?

• Total voters
but the 1.6" has to be machined, making it even less desirable.
If it is indeed 1.6...or is he just calling it that to make nomenclature easier? If he is machining it, it would definitely be for proprietary reasons as Ed had mentioned earlier...Though just using 1.625 material does that also...

In one of his msgs to me he says he machines the tool arm for a more precise fit. Can you imagine a tool arm that's machined with only .003" clearance? Any bit of trash would make inserting tool arm difficult. He doesn't say what the clearance is, only says "for a precise fit". Not good at all. Since I've sent him the link to this board I've not heard back from him at all. Suspect he doesn't wish to talk with me {g}

In one of his msgs to me he says he machines the tool arm for a more precise fit. Can you imagine a tool arm that's machined with only .003" clearance? Any bit of trash would make inserting tool arm difficult. He doesn't say what the clearance is, only says "for a precise fit". Not good at all. Since I've sent him the link to this board I've not heard back from him at all. Suspect he doesn't wish to talk with me {g}
If he isn't machining the mating piece he's pretty well kidding himself...

Ted, even if he is machining, can you imagine the hassle of working a tool arm with small machined clearances when the trash starts building?

Yeah...the real issue is having the two adjacent surfaces square that the tool bar rides against...and the receiver square...and the attachments mounted square to the tool bar...etc, etc. Clearance should be generous...like .030 generous...

Really all clamps should be at 45 degree to force the bias to both walls...but it seems just clamping to one wall works pretty well...

Back