To the person that broke into my son's storage unit (Rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladedBonehead

Title modified by Bossdog

(Mods- move it if you need to)

I would like to take a moment to complain to no one in particular about the person or persons who broke into my son's storage unit off base in Ft Lewis, Washington, a couple months ago.

You are a piece of dung. While an Army Combat Ranger with several tours of duty overseas was going to school and put his families belongings in storage for a move to Germany, you came in and stole all of his combat gear. You stole his hand made combat knife made by his father, carried in Iraq and his back up knife and cost him days of annoyance when he returned filling out paperwork and running it through channels when he could have spent the time with his family. You also stole pictures of his deceased mother when she was alive that are irreplaceable. You stole baby stuff from when his father and mother were in the military in Japan where you were born on base as well as his 2 month old baby passport we had to go get with him in Tokyo from the American Consulate. Piece(s) of walking and breathing garbage. I bet you worked there at the Storage unit. You knew where all the cameras were and what you were going after..

I have a surprise for you. You missed $6k in computer gear, laptop, flat screen tv, and high end video games...you also missed the $600 Surefire M900A combat light/grip very near the things you stole.

Nothing in there except for the baby stuff and the pictures of his mom were worth anything to this honorable person you stole from...for he knew what was worthwhile. The knife was what hurt him though...as his companion every day on his last tour of duty kicking in doors in Iraq. It had been made exactly for him and a lot of time was spent making it fit his oversized hands- to be used as his primary blade.

I hope you fall on it while in a drunken stupor and suffer for this.

Picture
11finished.jpg

By goatherder62 at 2012-09-05
Close up of pattern and Chinese characters....
12closeup.jpg

By goatherder62 at 2012-09-05

**NOTE** Anyone finding this knife for sale, trade, or otherwise and obtains it, contact the Police where you got it from. Contact me and I will make for you any, and I mean ANY, type of combat grade knife with kydex sheath you wish, free.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is rotten and I'm sorry to hear about it. I've had to vent like that before myself. I was working at the Firehouse on 9-11. On the morning of 9-12 I waited until the hardware store opened and went and bought 5 or 6 American flags. I mounted them at my house and at the end of my road which is about 1/3 of a mile from my house. Some rotten thief stole the ones at the end of the road the next day. I posted an ad on Craigslist that day looking for the idiot who stole them.
Best of luck finding your property and please thank your son for his service. It is very much appreciated.

While this forum may not be the most appropriate place for this rant, I hope that the mods will at least allow the picture of the stolen knife to remain in the main forum, in hopes that somebody might come across it. I would recommend that you circulate that picture to as many knife forums as you might belong to, and anywhere else it might be relevant (pawn shops, resale stores, craigslist, etc...). You never know.

I recently had somebody steel several valuable (and a couple irreplaceable) items from my car, including a small custom knife I had made for myself, WHILE it was sitting in my driveway in front of my house. They missed a couple high dollar items as well, but it definitely messes with your life. While in the end they are still material possessions, it's hard to let go of the anger and feelings of being violated.

The funny part is I would have probably given the kid most of what he took if he had only asked for it, but he didn't. He took something I worked my butt off for, and barely had to lift a finger to get it. How anybody can ever get to a point that they are willing to do that so somebody else is beyond me, but such is life I guess.

I'm sorry for your misfortune. I do hope the knife as well as the many other priceless possessions find their way back into your hands. Fortunately, I haven't had anything of this nature happen to me, but if it did I'd probably be just as furious. I'm not near your location, but if I catch anything on the internet I'll be sure to let you know.

Sorry this happened. I feel for you and your son. I've been a victim of theft and it hurts.

I don't like a thief and want every one of them caught.
I left it up in case someone might see the stolen knife later. When you get something personal stolen, it is always a bad deal.
Let's just not get more creative on what we would do or hope happens to the thief.

Thieves are the scum of the Earth! Especially when they steal from a Soldier of ours.

I hope he gets those important things back.

The Thief will get his due, When he least expects it!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back