Tire Hammer

Gliden07

Anyone know where to look for a used tire hammer?? I live in Mass and everything I've found is in the Southern US or out West! It's crazy!!

I think he is talking about a power hammer made with an automobile tire..........most people build their own........they work quite well

There is a group that has building classes where you pay like $2750 and participate in the build in whatever manner you can apparently and you walk away with a new hammer. Bad news is that it is in Louisiana, you have to go there for 3 days and you have to get your hammer back home.

There is a group that has building classes where you pay like $2750 and participate in the build in whatever manner you can apparently and you walk away with a new hammer. Bad news is that it is in Louisiana, you have to go there for 3 days and you have to get your hammer back home.
Yeah, there in lies the problem! Travel, transport, lodging etc...

Learn't something new. Hadn't heard of a tire hammer in that context before now! Cool stuff! Thought you had a stuck bead on a tractor tire or something... Felt sorta bad for you needing to change it. They can be a PAIN to get off. Had times where it took 4 people to break the bead on one wheel.

You're right, tractor tires can be a real pain sometimes. Truck tires usually have two piece rims and are less of a hassle.

Learn't something new. Hadn't heard of a tire hammer in that context before now! Cool stuff! Thought you had a stuck bead on a tractor tire or something... Felt sorta bad for you needing to change it. They can be a PAIN to get off. Had times where it took 4 people to break the bead on one wheel.
Yeah that is true they are a PITA!! I brought it to a Tire guy which was still a PITA HEAVY To move an load into truck!

Back