Thumbstuds

Clydetz

Buck 110 Collector and Casper's best friend
Awhile ago I had asked BossDog if he had anything like the adjustable thumbstud on my Buck 110 for one-handed opening in his inventory. He didn't but he said he'd see what he could do. Well... he had some made up that work just fine! :35: He sent me a few to try out and I finally got around to doing just that. They worked out so good that I have to order some more. :3:

This is what the adjustable thumbstuds look like...

017-2.jpg

I tried them out on a...
Buck Goliath; Buck 560; an old Delta Z;
Browning 817; Bucklite 112; Buck 110;
Buck 112 drop point; Buck 112 customized; old Buck 111

007-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

Thanks Gary.
I'm throwing in a 1/16" hex wrench with each one now.
Also we are working on a Thumb Bar in brass that will match the look of the Buck 110 Bolster. We are going to call it a Buk Bar unless their lawyers don't have anything better to do and start pestering us. I hope to have a proto-type next week to look and then start production a week or two after that.

Here is a rendering of the drawing. The edges will all be rounded over .004" to .007" in tumbling so they are not modeled in.
We are going to use 2ea 6-32 set screws to clamp the Buk Bar on.

What do you think?

buk bar.JPG

You may have the biggest Buck 110 collection of anyone I know. I'll send you some when we get them done...

Looks good T... I'll be glad to give the Thumb Bar a workout. I'm heading over to your website to place an order for some more of the thumb studs.

Back