Thick spacers?

Mark Barone

I love the look of adding spacers and typically I see them about 1/16 inch. Sometimes I see spacers or liners that are colors and are 1/8 inch. I haven't seen them on line. These thicker spacers are typically separating wood species on custom handles. I do know some are metal. Are they typically a material that is cut to that wider thickness. Sorry I don't have a picture of an example,

Check Alpha Knife Supply
They have g-10 and various micarta in different thicknesses.
I picked up some 1/8 brown canvas micarta material the other day that was nice.

I love the look of adding spacers and typically I see them about 1/16 inch. Sometimes I see spacers or liners that are colors and are 1/8 inch. I haven't seen them on line. These thicker spacers are typically separating wood species on custom handles. I do know some are metal. Are they typically a material that is cut to that wider thickness. Sorry I don't have a picture of an example,
You may be looking at stacked paper spacers.... maybe?

Boss Dawg at USAKNIFEMAKERS.com has G-10 spacers of differing thicknesses and colors. I have used vulcanized liners but I much prefer the G-10 liners. You can buy multiple thin sets and stack them when you wish to make thicker liners. Just be sure to rough them up before gluing. I know that was more info than you asked for, sorry.

Boss Dawg at USAKNIFEMAKERS.com has G-10 spacers of differing thicknesses and colors. I have used vulcanized liners but I much prefer the G-10 liners. You can buy multiple thin sets and stack them when you wish to make thicker liners. Just be sure to rough them up before gluing. I know that was more info than you asked for, sorry.

Thanks Chris, I need all the info I can get. I think I spend more time researching than making knives.

Back