The wait is over! My KMG is here!

JAG

Well, after a long battle with Diverticulitis, 7 months of testing and painkillers (Percocet) 5-8 times a day, and finally Colon surgery about 9 months ago:eek::eek:. I am now fully healed and am now the proud owner of a new KMG! My tax return was a little better than I was expecting (I guess that happens when you only work half a year! Who knew?) and my fiance said "Happy birthday baby! Get your grinder!" I'm a lucky man!cool 1
I sprayed it with Everbrite because I like the look of the raw metal but wanted to protect it.
I went with the 1.5 HP because I am currently renting and did not want to go through the landlord 220 route! The cool thing is later on I can always upgrade to a 2 HP motor with the same VFD.
It has been such a long road to get here but I'm now ready to grind baby!!2thumbs
Jerry

I kept getting an error message when I tried to attach photos so try this:
http://img265.imageshack.us/g/img6264j.jpg/

Last edited:
Congrats on the new KMG! I went with the same set up last year and could not be happier. What accessories did you get?

Unfortunately there will be no Income Tax goodies this year, I owe about $5,000.00 :eek:

Thank you guys! Sorry about that taxman Chris!! I was shocked because I never get anything back!! I only worked half a year last year because I was sick,....it all worked out in the end! As far as accessories go I got the 10" wheel and of course the flat platen. I got the small wheel attachment and a 3/4 in wheel, two spare tool bars and the tool tree because of limited space. I got a Ceramic Plate for the flat platen. I stocked up on belts and I got to profile a blade last weekend and I am stoked about the possibilities!!
Jerry

Last edited:
Sounds like you went all out and got some great things to work with. I went with the 8" wheel and wish I would have got the 10". Now we need to see some pictures of your first WIP on the new toy! Enjoy!

Are you going to the Knife Show in Pasadena this weekend?

I am hoping to go to the show in Pasadena. I was thinking about taking my son with me, not for sure yet.
I went last year during one of my "OK days", it was fun. Are you going this year?

Congratulations. I am looking forward to mine arriving in about two weeks!

Now get to grinding, we want to see some knives.

BJ

Hey BJ! I told you brother! 2 weeks for you? I know exactly how you feel!! I felt great just knowing it was on the way!

I am hoping to go to the show in Pasadena. I was thinking about taking my son with me, not for sure yet.
I went last year during one of my "OK days", it was fun. Are you going this year?

I went last year and had a good time. I'm going on Friday as soon as it opens. A great way to get some relief from work! I have a stack of KD Business cards to pass out.

If I do go it will probably be Saturday. If you go on Saturday, let me know.

sweeeet

I never thought I'd say this to another man, but, I'm jelous of you're tool!!!:D Congrats bud, let's see her work and let us know what name you give her.2thumbs

Thanks Bluegrass! That is hilarious!! I don't have a name for her yet, I'll have to think about that!!

Back