The Traveler WIP

Today's progress:

The blade is all polished up and hidden away from prying eyes...muhaha! But in all seriousness I forgot to take a photo of the nearly finished blade before putting the wrappings on and didn't want to go to the trouble of unwrapping it. :)

And finally after 16 hours of polishing I cdan finally get back to work on the handle. I start by truing up the flat surface of the carbon fiber side of the handle.

See the perpendicular scratches in the lower left corner? All of those need to come out, which did not take as long as I suspected it would working with such a tough material.

Once everything is all flat I then super glue the guard spacer on to the top of the handle to prepare for the pin holes to be drilled:

Then everything is drilled and checking the fit:

Then I brought down the carbon fiber to flush with the spacer so that later on in the clean up I won't have issues with clean up.

And that is all for today, much more to come tomorrow:

Well unfortunately this project will have to be put on hold for a few days as there was a death in the family and I have to travel for the funeral. But after I am back everything should come together fairly quickly. Thanks again for looking at this thread while the work progresses.

Robert

- I realized that I forgot to post a couple of pictures from yesterday, so before I take off here is where I am at currently.

The handle, bronze spacer, and pattern welded spacer are now fit onto the handle leaving only the main guard left to be fitted which will be done upon my return. Yesterday after getting everything fitted I did the first round of etching on the spacer to see how everything will go together.

Back