The Judge

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Finally got these pictures of my latest Bowie, "The Judge"
Its got a 12 7/8" twisted mosaic blade and over 18" overall length.
Fossil Walrus slabs and gold pins on a solid 1018 steel frame. Jere Davidson outdid himself on this one.
Thanks for looking.

TheJudge.jpg

TheJudgesheath.jpg

WOW !

The Judge is completely over the top Bruce. . . even for you !

I find continued inspiration to raise my own bar in your work. Do you rest on your laurels knocking out Vigilante Bowies and world class slipjoints ? Nahhh You've got an amazing vision of creating a new stunner that tops the top. And then you pull it off.

Studying the photos I can only think of one word- Surreal- "2. having the disorienting, hallucinatory quality of a dream; unreal; fantastic: surreal complexities of the bureaucracy."

On a side note, I finally got to see one of your knives in person. The CKCA cancer benefit knife and the pics just don't do it justice. I've always loved your grind style but WOW. In person the depth and contours of the grinds are just insane.

Just great stuff. I'm thinking I should congratulate you and the judge now for a 2011 Doggie

Take care, Josh

Bruce, I seen pics of this last night and fell out of my chair. WOW. the knife is superb, your execution and attention to detail. along with the amazing engraving work.. Is inspiring to say the least. This is my NEW wallpaper!!!!

Im still sorta in shock at how amazing this one turned out. Ill post more when I can assemble my words better! :)

Keep up the great work Bruce!
God Bless YA!!!

Oh you guys are too kind. Actually it did turn out every bit as well as I'd hoped. The ivory is the finest I've seen and at $750 you can imagine how nervous I was just cutting it up. The sheath is leather, then fiber glass and more leather. The throat took all week to make. The frame is cut out from a solid 3/4" steel bar. My dremel is still cooling off.

I have been staring for 15 minutes and am still speechless. That has to be the 8th Wonder of the World!!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us, Bruce. That isn't just a "Judge" but rather a Supreme Court Justice!

Bruce Bump, MS there has to be a ranking higher than the MS, when your work is at this level. AMAZING!!! Wade

i just cant say anything that josh and the rest haven't said, when looking at this i feel like forest gump trying to make a knife that thing is spectacular.

I've always admired your work Bruce, but this one goes way beyond anything you've done before. That is amazing is all I can say.

Bruce,

I saw this over on BF last night. Had the same reaction that the rest of the dogs had.
You sir, are truly an artist. As is Mr. Davidson.
I hope to meet you some day and see your work first hand.
Thanks for showing the rest of us what to shoot for.

Greg Shahan

That is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I cannot believe it was created with the hands of a mortal being. I am completely in awe. Well done Sir!

Very cool Bruce. The overall design seems like a bit of a departure from your standard fare, and I'm wondering if there where any facets of making this knife that stretched your skill-set. That long, deep grind would give me fits, and you make it look so easy. And I get nervous every time I start cutting on a $60 piece of wood... can't imagine cutting into a $750 chunk of ivory. :51: :26:
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what comes next from the Bump shop. :thumbup:
Erin

Bruce that is just awesome- I love how the damascus and walrus patterns match and everything is so artistically put together. Really something special-

Back