"The Gamblers Edge"

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
This dagger has been in the works for months off and on again. Its finally on the way to the new owner and I got these nice photos yesterday.

It has accordion cut mosaic damascus and pre ban ivory, a fiber glass pig skin covered sheath with Joe Mason engraving. In the pommel are 4 ivory dice, 2 legal and 2 loaded with lead thus the name "Gamblers Edge". Craps anyone?

orig_zpsa5f5baf3.jpg

orig_zps0c85fb44.jpg

Very impressive Bruce great craftsmanship, have never seen a handle frame put on in that manner, very nice Deane

Purely amazed at your craftsmanship. I would hate to gamble with the new owner of that.

Thanks for sharing!

what is wrong with you?

how do you do stuff like this?

amazing..

Did you load the dice.:58::biggrin:

Yep, two have the "6" side packed full of lead with the opposing sides a "3" and "4" to equal lucky "7". Too bad it don't land on 7 every time but it greatly increases the chances.

Last edited:
BTW, nice to see Joe Mason's work on there. He and I go back maybe ten years and continues to get better. I just get older.

Wow is that nice..Man I catch myself ALL the time thinking "HOW DID HE DO THAT" when I look at your work Bruce. The smallest details on your knives just keep my mind busy for days thinking about them. Truely an artist, and inspiration to the small time knifemaker like myself. I have a pile of scrape material in my shop from trying to do some of the things I see on your work. Just amazing how much thought and planning that goes into your knives and guns..Absolutly the best knifemaker alive today, in my opinion.

Jim

Awesome work once again, just don't where you get all your ideas for knives from!! Bruce YOU are the Master!!

WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one. (when i get to buying again short funded since working on my shop) amazing looking knife

Bruce,
That is AWSOME! You continue to make the rest of us look like a bunch of amateurs
I sure could have used those loaded dice back in high school.

Back