Teaching my kiddo.

David Roeder

Today after tracking down some more gun bluing, I had asked my oldest daughter (6) if she wanted to help work on this knife. Her response is as expected. "YEAH !" So I let her do the bluing. She did a superb job at it too.
My daughter at 6 years old already can forge steel, knows how to use the forge, grinder, drill press, and now can successfully blue steel. I sure do love homeschooling !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 26
It is so good to teach kids early on.
We got our daughter to do all kinds of things when she was younger.
Art, drawing, music, science, doing repairs to mechanical stuff, cars, etc. etc.
I am a firm believer that if kids get their hands on something early on, while they might not like it just then, or not pursue it then for whatever reason, that it is easier for them to go back to it when they're adults.

My daughter is in her mid-20's now and is re-visiting some of the things she did as a small child.
And she has none of the usual adult fear of trying new things that you see in so many people.

Helping them do new things when they are young seems to take away the fear of doing new things when they get older.
It's really nice to see.

Good luck with her.
and enjoy your time together.

t

That's super !!!
I had a lot of enjoyment off and on when one of my grandchildren would come to my shop to "work".
There are several women who are at the top of the skills levels for collector grade knives. Perhaps she will continue to "help out" Dad. Frank

Back