TDM Super Grinder with adjustable belt tensioner

Thanks for the offer Terry, but I wouldn't be able to use that. I have a long tilting table I custom made for my Bee, as well as a custom made platen holder. Back when I bought my Bee the clearance for working on the left hand side wasn't much. I decided to have more.
Your machine looks like a good one!!! I wish you lots of sales. Frank

Thanks for the kind words Frank , I had the same issues with my Bee grinders, would like to see a pic of your mods one of these days

took the super grinder for a spin at Robs tonight ,here are some pics,check out pan tilt tool rest,and small wheel attachment,there are some TDM Basic grinders in background, all in all grinder runs smooth,belt tension was great,belt changes are painless release tension change belt and pull up on tensioner handle ,click click,click ,and belt is perfectly tensioned

<sigh> I love my job. :3:

Very nice machine Terry. The motor mount is so easy and yet solid. Great for someone who doesn't like messing around with alignment and mounts. The versatility is great, but clearly, the standout is the belt tensioning system. It allows for 'pinky easy' belt changes or tension release for overnight, and offers almost instant belt tension from light and just enough up to - WOW! I suspect you could break a belt with tension if you cranked it too far. The point is that you get to choose all the way from here to there. Repeatability was good too. A tug on the tensioning spring arm that felt 'about right' always dropped into the same slot.

I know this is the prototype. Can't wait to see the end game.

Would it be too much to ask for Bluetooth and a laser? A heat laser? :biggrin:

Geeze those colours are nice.

Rob!

<sigh> I love my job. :3:

Very nice machine Terry. The motor mount is so easy and yet solid. Great for someone who doesn't like messing around with alignment and mounts. The versatility is great, but clearly, the standout is the belt tensioning system. It allows for 'pinky easy' belt changes or tension release for overnight, and offers almost instant belt tension from light and just enough up to - WOW! I suspect you could break a belt with tension if you cranked it too far. The point is that you get to choose all the way from here to there. Repeatability was good too. A tug on the tensioning spring arm that felt 'about right' always dropped into the same slot.

I know this is the prototype. Can't wait to see the end game.

Would it be too much to ask for Bluetooth and a laser? A heat laser? :biggrin:

Geeze those colours are nice.

Rob!

One day Terry I hope to run along side the other's and see how it stacks up !! see you next visit to BC
BCROB

Back