Taipan Balisong G-10 Proto mockup

Frstr8,I know it can be confusing trying to figure out the setup.The slots are in the blade.;)

No it's not confusing. When I first saw the picture I studied it and saw that the pins were toward the inside of the blade when closed and the outside when opened, which means they are moving with the handle through the slots in the blade. I had no problem figuring it out. Just took looking at the picture for a minute. Ah I see why you think I'm confused. I misstyped that the slots were in the handle. Sorry.

I recently aquired an iPod touch. It's pretty kewl to surf the web on. However sometimes I am conentrating more on how to enter the text than what I am actualy typing. :unsure:

I'm a likin the first blade profile. I like smooth curve of the edge. Though I may be alone in this.

Handle looks wicked! Stands out well. Question though, at closed is the latch resting on a notch on the opposite handle? If so then it looks a little bit like it'll slip out cause it's sorta sloping down if you get my point.

Good luck in this, it is an exciting project with a radical design. Hope you''ll post WIPs for us to follow. By the way, any idea how much one of these would go for :)

I'm a likin the first blade profile. I like smooth curve of the edge. Though I may be alone in this.

Handle looks wicked! Stands out well. Question though, at closed is the latch resting on a notch on the opposite handle? If so then it looks a little bit like it'll slip out cause it's sorta sloping down if you get my point.

Good luck in this, it is an exciting project with a radical design. Hope you''ll post WIPs for us to follow. By the way, any idea how much one of these would go for :)

Cotherion,I'm partial to the first blade profile too.You are not alone.:D

The latch functioning in the closed position will something I'll watch when I make my parts to make sure that doesn't occur hopefully.:confused:

I'm ready to cut my parts for the proto this weekend,I'll definitely post more WIP progress pics.:D

Cotherion,I'm partial to the first blade profile too.You are not alone.:D

The latch functioning in the closed position will something I'll watch when I make my parts to make sure that doesn't occur hopefully.:confused:

I'm ready to cut my parts for the proto this weekend,I'll definitely post more WIP progress pics.:D

1lg021thumbup1.gif

Very nice work Rick, hope to see more balis from you soon 2thumbs
I have always wanted to learn CAD, but I don't have the time to
tinker on the program :unsure:

I use Adobe illustrator CS4 when I design my knives :)

Very nice work Rick, hope to see more balis from you soon 2thumbs
I have always wanted to learn CAD, but I don't have the time to
tinker on the program :unsure:

I use Adobe illustrator CS4 when I design my knives :)

Palacio,Thanks Bro!I've always wanted to design in CAD.Now I can create designs I would have never imagined without it.
I'll try my hand at Illustrator CS4.:D

nice looking. I'm new on this site but also trying to build one custom bali. hence I'm from Serbia I could not buy factory one (paymet problems) I've decidet to give it a try. Could you post a .dxf file?

Thanks.

Back