Swayback jack

Craig, your knives are the picture of perfection. I have watched your video on doing the file work on the liners. What I am unsure of is how to finish the bolsters and get them to match up with the scale thickness. Do you rough out the bolster / fit the scale / remove the scale to finish the bolster?

Thanks John and Steve.

I shape the bolsters then do the fluting and saw cuts. I fit the scales and thin them to be just higher than the bolsters. Attach scales and finish them down flush with the bolsters. I finish the the bolster from the flute to the handle material and finish the handle material. I leave the rest of the bolster around 400 until I put the knife together. After the knife is together I just finish the bolster and touch up everything else.

Thanks John and Steve.

I shape the bolsters then do the fluting and saw cuts. I fit the scales and thin them to be just higher than the bolsters. Attach scales and finish them down flush with the bolsters. I finish the the bolster from the flute to the handle material and finish the handle material. I leave the rest of the bolster around 400 until I put the knife together. After the knife is together I just finish the bolster and touch up everything else.

thank you very much! I have two on the bench that I am going to attempt this on.

While I'm not a real big folder fan , I would be proud to carry that knife. A beautiful piece of work. Thanks for posting.

Back