stuff happens

Scott sorry to hear you are having problems in your recovery. I need knee surgery too (63 years old/243 lb.) but I told my doctor that I would hold out for as long as I can without the surgery. I am a cissy when it comes to recovery. I had many months of rehab after my stroke three years ago and it wasn't any fun!

We did have a guy in rehab who had knee surgery. He worked very hard doing his exercises. He even drove himself to the center after about a week, his wife worked and couldn't miss work to drive him. Yes he was a young athletic guy but he showed me that recovery can be done, it just takes a lot of hard work.

Best Wishes

Grizzly Bear

recovery is going well. i am driving and walking without a cane. grizzly if you have good insurance, getting it done now while we are younger(i am 63 years old/165 lb) should be easier then waiting till we are older and tired.
i have my shop modified so I can use belt grinder, disc grinder, drill press, and assembly area sitting in a chair. my PT person says i should be able to stand as long as i want now, but i like the chair height tools.

Scott I am going to modify my grinder with a stand that I can use both standing and sitting. I am going to use a hydraulic jack under the table to raise and lower it. I don't know if it can be done or not but I am going to try. Someone that is a metal worker should come up with something like this to sale. I bet he would sell a lot of them to guys like us who have to sit to grind and then stand to grind when we can.

I am glad you are doing well.

Grizzly Bear

Good to hear your recovering well Scott. I enjoy hearing others who are as obsessed with knifemaking. Like we are all in a support group!

Grizzly I just saw a photo of someone who mounted their grinder to an old barber's chair base. You could raise and lower it with a few presses of your foot. Looked slick as snot.

-Clint

Scott, did you actually have a knee replacement or a repair of some sort? My replacements happened several years back and now I may need more work done on y right knee. I'm sure pleased for you that you are getting along so well !
Frank

Scott, did you actually have a knee replacement or a repair of some sort? My replacements happened several years back and now I may need more work done on y right knee. I'm sure pleased for you that you are getting along so well !
Frank

they replaced my left knee and straightened my left leg in the process. Physical Therapy folks are saying I am recovering well, yesterday's session was the most work i have done in months.
i would like to thank everyone for their support.

Back