Stencils ?

Just joined the group and have a question for you guys.. I have been out of knife making for a few years but I have started back since I retired from my regular job. I had always bought my stencils from Ernie Grospitch. I have e-mailed him a few times with no response. Is he still in business? If not, who do you get yours from?
Thanks, looking forward to the replies.
James Whitten

Here is an email excerpt I received in April 2020 from Grospitch. The service was fast and I'm still using the stencils I bought from Bo without a problem.
720-379-4651 M-F (8:30a - 6:30p MST)
CONTACT VIA EMAIL
design@bigguyillustration.com

Here are some comparison prices. I bought Stencils from all these places.

Bo Grospitch - I received 20 stencils in two different sizes for a total price of $83.48

T.U.S. Technologies - The price for 5 stencils was a total $45.45 shipped.

IMG Electromark - The price for 6 stencils in two different sizes was a total of $59.50 shipped.

I was going to say that Ernie's son appears to be running that part of the business now.I e-mailed him a few months ago and he still has my stuff on computer file.

This is a timely thread. I need to buy stencils again. I’ve been using the ones i got from Ernie for about seven years now and they’re on their last leg.

Bob, thank you for posting Bo’s contact info!

FWIW, I used TUS stencils for a while and they just didn't seem to perform very well. I couldn't get a clean crisp image. It could have been my lack of skill, or...?
In any case YMMV.

Here is an email excerpt I received in April 2020 from Grospitch. The service was fast and I'm still using the stencils I bought from Bo without a problem.
720-379-4651 M-F (8:30a - 6:30p MST)
CONTACT VIA EMAIL
design@bigguyillustration.com
Thanks for the information. I have tried this email as well with no response. I just left a message at that number. Thanks again!
James Whitten

I originally used TUS but after a lot of research went with IMG when I needed new stencils even though I had to pay art fee. I don't regret it at all. IMG was AWESOME to deal with! Awesome customer support. Customer support like you experienced in the 80's

I got my stencils from Ernie a few years back. No problems, fast reponse. I've been trying to email his son both directly and through his website and have gotten no response. If someone can't respond even briefly, then my business goes elsewhere.

I got a call from him this past Saturday and placed my order. Thanks for all who helped! FYI, he said he is working 2 jobs at the moment.
James

FWIW, I used TUS stencils for a while and they just didn't seem to perform very well. I couldn't get a clean crisp image. It could have been my lack of skill, or...?
In any case YMMV.
Yeah, I definitely like IMG over TUS - TUS also seem to curl BAD on me

My original stencils came from TUS. Kind of awkward dealing with them but the stencils worked fine for me. I needed new stencils and decided to go with IMG. OMG incredible service like you use to expect as normal 20 years ago. Got my stencils quick and the knowledge I got talking to them about stenciling was incredible. IMG 5 stars.

IMG is THE BEST :):):):):)company I have ever dealt with.
I started dealing with them over 25 years ago and believe me there are a lot of companies out there that should take a look at how these people do business and how they service their customers, unbelievable service and willingness to help you out with any problem.

Back