Stamp for my sheath maker's wife....

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
My friend Mark is an excellent sheath maker. I made his original stamp some years back...(he makes my sheaths)

His wife had him show her how to sew and work the leather...she designed some totes and has been using his makers mark which is on the masculine side. She asked if I could make her one with finer detail....I said I'd try but no promises...She sketched up some designs and this one seemed the most practical to try.....

my wife delivered it today and this is their first experiment. This opens up a ton of possibilities for the Bowies I am currently making!!

Ps....there are great stamp makers out there and I do not have the time...just did this for a friend who has done me favors....;)

The MK logo is his sheath stamp....

I didn't really think the leather could hold the detail....learn something every day....

Attachments

• 128866457_420564916021054_783339140687119335_n (1).jpg
    128866457_420564916021054_783339140687119335_n (1).jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
You made the "Hauser Knife" stamp for the leather? WOW!! I'm more than impressed. Both those stamps are good. Be sure to update this thread as you get her stamp made also. Perhaps a WIP on making the stamp?

Thanks guys....her stamp is the AK.

I will try to do a wip when I upgrade my Hauser stamp. Right now trying to get some two years late knives finished.

my brother was a knife collector....wanted him to have one of my knives....he passed away from cancer a week and a half ago...three days after a friend in town died from covid....

2021 please be better than 2020...!!!!!

I will try to do a wip when I upgrade my Hauser stamp. Right now trying to get some two years late knives finished.

my brother was a knife collector....wanted him to have one of my knives....he passed away from cancer a week and a half ago...three days after a friend in town died from covid....

Thought that AK stamp was hers ... looks daggone amazing my friend. If you could do some sort of how-to it would be amazing. I have an idea how to do it but would love to see someone that knows.

Very sorry for your loss Ted. This has been an extremely trying year for everyone. Hang in there.

I am actually more partial to a plain sheath with a really nice leather makers mark, than the the fancy ones. That is beautiful work.

Excellent work Ted. Sorry for your loss. I hear ya on 2020 being tough. I lost my Mom, Dad and Father-in-Law of forty years all within a six week period. Dad's was due to complications of Covid. He was 80.

Yeah I rather just work on knives, not making sheaths is one reason I’m stalling opening up a shop. Id rather have somebody else make them for me.
That's what I've been doing...but you can't really mark up the sheaths. Eventually I want to cut, stamp, and glue my own and just pay for stitching...
i like leather work...stitching is tough due to diabetic neuropathy. So off loading that would be sweet.

That's what I've been doing...but you can't really mark up the sheaths. Eventually I want to cut, stamp, and glue my own and just pay for stitching...
i like leather work...stitching is tough due to diabetic neuropathy. So off loading that would be sweet.
That’s a good idea. Yes I have had two surgery’s on my hands so the stitching is tough. my daughter is a good sewer but I think she would need a special machine that is $$$$$

Back