Spotted Hawk

Wade Hougham

This hawk is 20" long with a 9 1/2" head that was forged from a leaf spring. The haft is curly maple and it has brass spots and tacks with rawhide, natural hemp, pheasant and guinea feathers. The caps on both ends are wrought iron.

Thanks for taking a look and as always any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• KT Hawk 045.jpg
    KT Hawk 045.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 73
  • KT Hawk 046.jpg
    KT Hawk 046.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Wade were do you get you brass tacks from. I have been looking and cant find any. Also what is it you have on those feaathers? Is that wire or some sort of feather holder? I would like to learn more about that as well. I am in the process of making my frist two hawks and need some materials.

Randy that's one of the nicest Hawks I've seen. Too bad its not mine. OOPS my mistake it is mine. :9:Thanks for making it for me. Cant wait to get it. KT

Hey Randy,
I am just kind of slow!!!!! But I guess I would be obnoxiously squawking too if someone was pulling my feathers out. Wait a minute, must be KT's meds, I don't have feathers. Glad you like it.

Wade

Randy that's one of the nicest Hawks I've seen. Too bad its not mine. OOPS my mistake it is mine. Thanks for making it for me
OK kids, why do I always have to explain? Terry, you said thanks for the 'hawk, I didn't make it, Wade did...So I said get off the meds..I don't think I made it, now I'm confused also..If I did make it, it's better than my usual....Let's all get ON the meds and figger this one out...or eat pizza.....

Thanks Randy. I knew what you meant but I cant let these things go to Wades head . Its big enough already. He's already complaining about migraines KT:lol:

Last edited:
Back