Something for my wounded warrior

AkWildman

I finally got a chance to make a knife for someone very special.My oldest son.He belongs to a very special brotherhood ,those wounded in combat.As I write this I remember both times I got the call and tears are streaming down my face.I thank the lord he made it home.He and I share a bond now that goes beyond father and son.
The knife is intended as a EDC and I wanted it to be very simple yet still have some eye candy.I took one of my mini medals and inlaid it in the sheath.The knife is 01 and redwood burl with a 5 inch blade. Thanks for looking.20141028104043293_1.jpg20141028103906721_1_1.jpg20141028103304915_1.jpg

Awesome! Love it! Would your son care if shared some of his story? I'm a veteran too, but I fixed jets safely behind the lines, I can't imagine what your family would have felt. I hope he's fully recovered.

He has no idea about this and will be mailing it to him in Colorado later today.He is doing great and raising a family now.He still has his moments and we talk on the phone a lot.

Thank him for his service and thank you and yours for their support.
I'm glad he is doing great. Good to hear and nice reason for a special knife..
t

Back