Something a little different!

rhinoknives

Hello Knife Dogs & Doggettes.

I haven't made any hunters in a few years.
This is a commissioned knife I just finished.
5" blade Drop Point Hunter made of 1/8" distal tapered CPM-S35VN Stainless Hted by Paul Bos to RC of 59-61.

Handle is full tang 5 1/2" in length of Sunspot Pearl Kirinite with a bolster of 5040 Y/O Bog Oak, Stainless Loveless bolts and thong tube.
Jimping on the spine Ricassoi area and forward thumb notch. Yep, this guy has big hands.
No underwear here, the customer didn't want any liners on it. :biggrin:
Its all hand sanded to 1000 grit, the due taken to 15 microns.

This 5"er is the longest Drop Point Hunter I have ever made. Give the customer what they want is my no #1 credo.

Comments are welcome.DSCN1821.jpgDSCN1823.JPGDSCN1824.JPGDSCN1825.JPGDSCN1826.JPG

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Last edited:
Good looking job Laurence!
It is an odd design but like you said,give the customer what he wants and you did it very well.

Thanks guys,
I traced out the customers hand to fit the scales and distance for the index to second finger. I based it on a model that's kinda a blend of a trailing point and a drop point at the same time.

He said he had lost a few hunter's before by placing them down on the ground while doing the field dressing.
I showed him the Kirinite and said, You will have a hard time losing one that looks like this!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back