Some of my old Emerson Mods

John T Wylie Jr.

Rockstar and ACE vBulletin troubleshooter
Moddin was what got me into making knives , I modded enough Emersons ( on top of making Ti Bottle openers and Ti Strider Spanner wrenches ) to pay cash for my Bader with variable speed and all the toys.

2000 Commander , fully polished blade , fully polished Titanium scales and polished Ti backspacer. I made a few with Ti scales , but only one with polished blade , which DumboRat talked me out of by waving $100 bills in my face till I sold it to him
polished%20TI%20Comm.jpg

polished%20TI%20Comm2.jpg

blue%20ti%202000.JPG

TI%20scaled%20Commander.jpg

Psark's were fun to do , a nice design knife with a cool blade.
Full Ti treatment...
psark2.JPG

dbl%20ti.JPG

Also modded quite a few Karambits with full Ti backspacers... drilling that big hole was no fun thru 3/16 ti !

ti%20karambit%20spacer.jpg

One I did for a New Orleans Saints fan:
cueballs.jpg

plain jane with Ti spacer:
Karambit%20full%20spacer.jpg

This one I did for my self... a Grey Ghost....
Yup , DumboRat talked me out of this one too....

grey%20ghost.jpg

The Strider Fire-ano got popular , and with Mick's blessing my old bud Eich ( still have no idea where he disappeared to again ) we collab'd on a couple ti scaled with fire ano stripes.

DSCF0032.jpg

Even did a few of the BM630's when they first came out...
630%20a.jpg

as they say , Pimpin' aint easy... but it sure WAS fun.... I may do another for myself if I find the right 2000 Commander..
ti%20scaled%202000%20Commander.jpg

I probably have more modded knife picts , did some Commander re-scaled in Cocobolo , and one in Ironwood that I hand checkered with match checker ironwood backspacer... just gotta find which hard drive they are on.

Nice work! How did you do the stripes on those last couple? I have a Benchmade Pinnacle that I may want to attempt that on.

Again, nice!

basically the knife was
1.dis-assembled
2,beadblasted with aluminum oxide
3.sprayed with WD-40
4.using a oxy-acetylene torch with a small head ( small flame ) , just painted in the stripes.
5. wash down again with WD-40 and then re-assemble.

Pretty easy actually , just be careful on the lock side by the detent ball.

thanks , when I look back at all the 3/16 ti backspacers and ti scale work I did on the 1 x 42 delta and 4 x 36 delta , I am amazed those two machines still work :)

Back