Some amazing wood

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
Here's some of Canyon Creek's gunstock blanks to drool over....I have some high grade blanks Dad left me...angsting over whether to make knife handles out of one of them. After looking at the Canyon Creek blanks the one that I was thinking about using looks to be in the $500 range...and I think it would yield 38 large 1 piece handles. 500/38= $13 per knife...very reasonable for highly figured Claro Walnut! Just something to think about...buy in is hefty...lol...but then you have amazing scales for cheap. I'm sure I could get many more scales than blocks out of my blank if I wanted to...Dad was a stock maker/gun smith...not sure he would approve of cutting up a nice stock blank to make knives (though he WAS a knife lover...)

This stock from Canyon Creek is almost a ringer for the one I'm going to cut up...

ringer.png

Here's some of Canyon Creek's gunstock blanks to drool over....I have some high grade blanks Dad left me...angsting over whether to make knife handles out of one of them. After looking at the Canyon Creek blanks the one that I was thinking about using looks to be in the $500 range...and I think it would yield 38 large 1 piece handles. 500/38= $13 per knife...very reasonable for highly figured Claro Walnut! Just something to think about...buy in is hefty...lol...but then you have amazing scales for cheap. I'm sure I could get many more scales than blocks out of my blank if I wanted to...Dad was a stock maker/gun smith...not sure he would approve of cutting up a nice stock blank to make knives (though he WAS a knife lover...)

This stock from Canyon Creek is almost a ringer for the one I'm going to cut up...

View attachment 73287
Those are beautiful. Are you gonna start cuttin and sellin? If ya are, put me down for a couple. Heck, I'll even pay postage! I'll even go $15.00 each!

That’s some beautiful stuff. Not sure what I would do. Might have to find someone to make me a rifle stock out of it.

No...not gonna sell. They're not mine...lol.

I'm only cutting up one blank to try (that I already own) and already have some guys wanting my next design so I think I'll need 'em all.

Naw...buy a blank from Canyon Creek. It's an investment and cheaper in the long run...which is why i did the link. I'm not associated with canyon Creek in any way.

Here's another from their site...$200! If you got 40 knife handles from it...it would cost $5.00 per blank. That's cheap!

cheap.png

Back