Slippy question

E

Erwin Roach

For those of you that build slipjoints,( especially multi or opposing blades like a stockman), do you prefer to use one spring for the opposing blades or seperate springs?

Thanks
e3

For those of you that build slipjoints,( especially multi or opposing blades like a stockman), do you prefer to use one spring for the opposing blades or seperate springs?

Thanks
e3

you can do it either way but unless you have a good bit of experiance you will have a better time using two springs.

alot easier for seperate springs for each blade. You want to try something hard look at an old seahorse whittler pattern.

alot easier for seperate springs for each blade. You want to try something hard look at an old seahorse whittler pattern.

Seahorse, yup. I got several old splitbacks tha look kinda tough.
But my favorite pattern is the stockman so the beginnig of this year I decided to build my own. I noticed that some I have have two springs, some have three. Some have inner liners and some don't. So I did my own design and the spring/blade/position geometry can be a pain. I decided to use micarta and O1 for materials and I carry and use it every day and I love it.

Attachments

• stockman.jpg
    stockman.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 48
  • stockman 005.jpg
    stockman 005.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 44
  • stockman 007.jpg
    stockman 007.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
  • stockman 009.jpg
    stockman 009.jpg