Slipjoints with Craig Brewer

Drew Riley

Not sure how many are aware, but Chris Crawford just released a pretty decent number of knife making vids to his website, inlcluding a couple by @Craig Brewer. I just downloaded the single blade slipjoint vid "Slipjoints with Craig Brewer", and watched it through for the first time. Talk about watching a master at work! My favorite part about watching these kinds of videos is seeing the different ways that different makers have of reaching a similar end. I particularly like seeing that various "custom" tools and fixtures that each maker comes up with the make a process easier. I think I counted at least 20 little things that I want to make or buy for my next slipjoint build, haha.

Craig's work most certainly speaks for itself, and it's nice to get a little peak behind the curtain to see how perfection is achieved. I'll be watching this one about 100 more times I'm sure.

BTW, if you happen to see this thread, Craig, I'd love to know where you got that little hand scribe that you use to layout your templates.

Thanks Drew, I hope the video is helpful to anyone wanting to make slip joints. It was a lot of work to get it done and Chris is a super guy to work with. The scribe is a quick change handle from GRS engraving tools with a thin scribe. The handle is rubber coated and comfortable to use. The points are like these and it looks like the come in a kit now.

Quick change handle

Scribe kit

Thanks Drew, I hope the video is helpful to anyone wanting to make slip joints. It was a lot of work to get it done and Chris is a super guy to work with. The scribe is a quick change handle from GRS engraving tools with a thin scribe. The handle is rubber coated and comfortable to use. The points are like these and it looks like the come in a kit now.

Quick change handle

Scribe kit

Thanks Craig!

Back