Slip joint pocket knife.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I finished this today and I'm real happy with the results.
4 3/8" long closed, 3 3/8" long blade of Mike Norris stainless damascus, red stag scales, integral bolsters, liners, caps of 416 stainless, Sandvik 14C28N for the spring, bronze pivot washers and stainless pins. I made the shield from .060" 416 stainless and etched my name on it instead of the blade like I usually do. This is about the fourth time I've done this filework pattern and it's getting easier each time.
Please tell me what you think.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_20170808_134046_260.jpg
    IMG_20170808_134046_260.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20170808_134046_257.jpg
    IMG_20170808_134046_257.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20170808_134046_259.jpg
    IMG_20170808_134046_259.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 82
Calvin, that is absolutely top shelf work! I like the name on the shield!!! If you want someone to test that one for you let me know and I will come get it for a year's testing with published results at the end of the year! :D

All joking aside that is one anyone would be proud to carry!

I don't think a year would truly be enough time to properly evaluate the folder. I'd say more like 5 years to get a good sense, maybe longer!

Erik

Calvin, that is absolutely top shelf work! I like the name on the shield!!! If you want someone to test that one for you let me know and I will come get it for a year's testing with published results at the end of the year! :D

All joking aside that is one anyone would be proud to carry!
I don't think a year would truly be enough time to evaluate it properly. Ma

Erik, you ain't never heard possesion is 9/10s of the law. After a year you ain't gonna get it back!

I use to work for a guy his car broke down one night and he was less than a mile from his brothers house. So he calls the brother to come tow him to his house. He was working a big job so about 6 months later the brother drops by to have coffee. Over a cup of Joe, my boss says to his brother, I guess I better get out there and get my car. The brother never bats and eyelash, oh you mean the 57 Chevy, I sold it last week!! And that is a true story!!!
He sold it to a slavage dealer! I did some side work for the brother and I asked him if he really sold the Boss's 57 Chevy and I got a wry smile and a evil laugh!!! If it stays in my yard for over 24 hrs. it belongs to me!!

Now not to take away from the reason we are here, that is one of the finest slippies I have seen in a while! I keep going back to the pics and the more I look the more I like!! Calvin you done yourself proud on that one!!!

Thank you all for your kind words. I mailed it off today for engraving. I'll show more photos when I get it back.

Last edited:
Calvin, you keep setting the bar pretty high for the rest of us. You better be carful because one day you might not be able to make it over yourself. :)

Great finish to a great knife

Erik

Back