Slimline Trapper

Wow Craig,
I had no idea that anyone else was making these! I thought, yet again, that I had something that was, "a little different". I like to be as original as possible. Seems like someone else has thought up just about everything, except in mechanisms. That's about all that's left to create something new, innovative. I'm still going to give it a try, it looks to me that it "should" be a little easier, less parts = less stuff to break! Another thing that I think will be beneficial, is with the extra material behind the liner, it makes space that could potentially be useful. Maybe, milling a race in for a guide pin, the way Ed Caffrey makes his folders. Making it even stronger, and I think that little addition should help make a strong design STRONGER.

I've been thinking about it and I decided to make my first slip joint a little larger than most of the designs out there, It would still be a slip joint, just bigger.

Something else I've been meaning to ask, when profiling the tang how do you figure out how it is shaped? I understand that you have to have open, half stop and closed, so is it as simple as rounding the corners or is more to it than that? I do tend to over complicate things. I will be looking for that book, Thanks for the tips!! I've got a lot of stuff I'm behind on and once I get everything off my bench done, I'm not starting anything else!! Craig, just hang on, I'll be bombarding you with questions!!! Thanks so much! Rex

I will look for some photos I think I have on my computer and type up a few things that may help. It may be a few days before I get it done.

Craig

Back