Singer 29-4

I didn't even know what the Singer 29 was, had to look it up. Around 1905? Looks like it's what the Chinese copied to make the shoe patcher machine. Congrats on getting a piece of history that is usable - always a win-win.

I didn't even know what the Singer 29 was, had to look it up. Around 1905? Looks like it's what the Chinese copied to make the shoe patcher machine. Congrats on getting a piece of history that is usable - always a win-win.

This is to replace the Chinese Shoe Patcher I have. It won't do the thicker leather. The 29 should be at its limit with what I do. Would love a real machine Cowboy or something like that but 2K plus ain't in the Budget!!

Just bought a Singer 29-4. Hoping it will speed up leather work that I do. Anyone have a source for parts if needed?
FB has a pretty good page for those...I had a real clean one located here in montucky for $300.....wifey and I disagreed about the "need" factor....but I did get some reading done....also you tube has some vids.

Well everything seems to be working on the machine but my GOD is it filthy!! I was stored outside under an attached carport and tarp. The former owner sprayed alot of the moving parts with White Lithium Grease. Good and bad, everything is free and working but is disgusting. Started to clean it up but it may need to be disassembled to clean it correctly.

Well everything seems to be working on the machine but my GOD is it filthy!! I was stored outside under an attached carport and tarp. The former owner sprayed alot of the moving parts with White Lithium Grease. Good and bad, everything is free and working but is disgusting. Started to clean it up but it may need to be disassembled to clean it correctly.
there's a beauty queen under all that grime...lol.

Glideon07 looking for parts? I would start on leatherworker.net. there is several people who work on machines and sell them there.

Back