Simple Frame Lock

cardoso5fr

A simple frame lock in order to put away the cursed i have with that locking system :D

11,6 cm long closed, 3,5 cm high closed, 19,5 cm open, 8 cm sharp, Blade thickness 90MCV8 (O2) 2,6mm. BP Washer, spyderhole licensed by spyderco. 2MM Ta6V4 Handle

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

I like the simplicity of the design. Very clean and tidy! I wish you could post a picture of the parts. I'd like to try something like that.

Forgive me for this question but I am new to knife making and even newer to folders. Is the hole on you locking bar for a detent ball that you just drilled all the way through the frame? I am currently "learning" myself on detent balls. How do you set your detents? I saw one WIP where he had a rod that he used.

I use a steel rod that I have drilled a 1/16" hole (size of the ball. .0625" ) in the end at the depth needed. I have 2 rods, each with one end drilled, giving me 4 options. The ball is .0625" dia., I drill a .050 hole in the frame and drive the ball in. What ever the space from blade to frame is the exposure you want. If the space is .010, then that is the exposure. Otherwise the lock bar sticks out past the frame.

Clear as mud ??

Jim

Back