Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

Yesterday I blew up on my co-worker and chased him off the job site. I had some Billy Strings playing quietly on my phone first thing in the morning. We're taping and mudding drywall. He comes in with a huge party speaker with flashing lights and he tells me to shut off my phone so he can turn on his creepy teenage angst depressing suicide music crap. This guy is forty seven years old. I threw him and his speaker out the door. Half hour later the boss comes in and says to me it's about time you did that. I asked the plumbers if they minded my blue grass music and they said no, that's what we listen to. We ended up having a great day. I used up four buckets of mud all by myself!
Right? You want to say to these guys “Dude, your music seemed really deep when we were 16… WHEN WE WERE 16…”

I’m all for liking whatever a person likes, but in a group setting it’s never cool to turn your music up to 11, because nobody likes your favorite songs as much as you do but it sure is nice when you find a group that does.

Funny thing- on the jobsites i’ve been on, i love when the Mexican dudes play their mariachi / salsa music. I can’t understand a word but it’s hard not to be happy when every song sounds like a party your drunk uncle would be dancing at LOL.

I used to work pipelines and also got into it when the Mexicans played their music. It makes me want to dance.
My crew were all from south of the border. Being their supervisor and only guy with a valid DL, I’m the one who took them shopping on our day off and to the more authentic Mexican eateries. I never tried to really learn Spanish, but after about six months I realized that although I couldn’t speak it, I could understand it perfectly.
I was pleased to discover they weren’t talking trash behind my back like many subordinates, but instead were telling other Hispanics that they loved working with me.
They fed me pretty well, always cooking something when we got back to the hotel.

Yesterday I blew up on my co-worker and chased him off the job site. I had some Billy Strings playing quietly on my phone first thing in the morning. We're taping and mudding drywall. He comes in with a huge party speaker with flashing lights and he tells me to shut off my phone so he can turn on his creepy teenage angst depressing suicide music crap. This guy is forty seven years old. I threw him and his speaker out the door. Half hour later the boss comes in and says to me it's about time you did that. I asked the plumbers if they minded my blue grass music and they said no, that's what we listen to. We ended up having a great day. I used up four buckets of mud all by myself!
If you mud trying to keep up with Billy Strings playing......you'll go through a LOT of mud.

Eric, your Aunt Sally has a beautiful voice! So nice to hear a woman singing bluegrass whose pitch isn't up in the rafters where only bats can appreciate it. (Big reason that I like Uncle Earl so much) Thanks for sharing that!

I just turned 62 Sunday. I love many kinds and genres of music. I even listened to Rap back in the early 90's when it was good (IMO).

Blues is at the top of my list these days.

Some days I listen to music like this...

Other days stuff like this...

Thanks for the "dave Sparks" connection...never heard him before! Tasty!

I turned 60 this year and realize that with technology (amazon prime, You-Tube, et al...) and social distancing (I am now officially a hermit) and my age...(old enough to appreciate variety with no peer approval concerns narrowing musical scope...lol) I am experiencing somewhat of a musical harmonic convergence the last couple years.... :)

Thanks for the "dave Sparks" connection...never heard him before! Tasty!

I turned 60 this year and realize that with technology (amazon prime, You-Tube, et al...) and social distancing (I am now officially a hermit) and my age...(old enough to appreciate variety with no peer approval concerns narrowing musical scope...lol) I am experiencing somewhat of a musical harmonic convergence the last couple years.... :)

Amazon Prime Music has been great. When I listen to something I like it give the recommendations for other bands based on what I just listened to. I've discovered a ton of "New" artists that have been making music for many years...

Back