Shop critters

CTaylorJr

Over in the Shop Picture thread several people have referenced having a dog or cat that tends to hang out in the shop with them.

I thought it would be kind of fun to see the critters that like the art of metal work along with you.

This is Buster. He adopted me about 5 years ago. His home is the garage and he constantly brings me dead things as a token of appreciation, I think. Loud noises don't bother him and he thinks he needs to supervise most everything I do. The only thing he doesn't come watch anymore is when I'm welding. One time of having his tail on fire convinced him to watch that process from a distance.

BBQ_CAT.jpg

This is how he usually is when I'm working.
Buster.jpg

Lets see your shop critter(s).

Charlie

Miss Slippy, my Shop Kitty/Familiar. She's in charge of pest control, keeping away evil spirits and the complaint dept.

Slippy 003.jpg

Here are few pics of little pooch Jax. He is an American Bulldog and the biggest a scare-d-cat hahaha

100_0073.jpg

100E0371.jpg

IMG00009.jpg

n26520047_33897635_6646.jpg

Jay, the wife saw Sophie and has fallen in love. What breed is she? We recently lost our little pooch and it seems she may be ready for another.

James, cats are truly funny in the shop! It seems that Buster keeps all vermin away AND he puts out good blade vibes too!

Charlie

Charlie she is an Old English Mastiff. They are wonderful dogs that just love to lounge around and be lazy!!! She is only a year and a half old and already a monster. My wife and I have been kicking around the idea of having one litter of puppies with her in the near future just so she can experience mother hood.

Since my Beagle passed it was getting lonely here, then our daughter moved in and brought her cat, which adopted us.He spends a great deal of time out in the shop and usually angers the wife when he sleeps under my Burr-king and comes in covered in dust.Dave

Rocko.jpg

This is my buddy Zwinky.
I've never had a four legged pet....unless you count some rats, in 56 years. The queen brought this guy home as a tiny kitten and within an hour the thing made me HIS pet. He has to be on or near me at all times when I'm home and he's always sitting in the window waiting when I come home. I've never met a cat that liked his rear legs grabbed onto, this guy lets me hang him upside down and he seems to enjoy it. In the shop he has to be laying across my shoulders when I'm grinding, which took some getting used to. He climbs me like a tree. Working at the bench, he has to help me by inspecting the piece closely with his big head. I never thought I would enjoy a pet so much....he really is a buddy.

View attachment 24069 View attachment 24070

Rudy

In late October I had this little girl wander up to me at my apartment in Mississippi. I'm guessing someone dropped her off. Each day as I walked outside or came home from work she would run up to greet me. She is the only dog I have ever seen who was not intimidated by my late "Arashi-Ko". This little girl is fearless! Here you will see her modeling her tactucal harness (I couldn't resist it when I seen it at the tactical expo at BLADE). She's the mighty stuffed duck hunter.

84add34b.jpg

Next is my "lil' buddy", Huey. Nadine has had him since he was big enough to barely fill the palm of your hand. He's now ove 19" tall at the shoulder and weighs in at 46lbs of muscle. He is by far the largest Beagle I have ever seen (yes, he's a legitimate 100% Beagle). Here he is doing what Hueys do best, protecting the couch.

de88f6ac.jpg

Funny how "rescued" pets seem to adopt you, not the other way around. 5/6 of our critters are rescues and loyal as can be, the other one is Slippy's first-born and he's just plain spoiled... lovey to the point of being almost annoying, though :biggrin:

She's the mighty stuffed duck hunter.

That rascally duck doesn't stand a chance. Reminds me of the stuffed frog our pal Maggie taught a lesson to...

magfrog.jpg

Last edited:
Jax looks like a great pooch! I love the American Bulldogs. They are very playful and bull headed at the same time.

Dick, I showed my wife the pic of Sam and she asked where I took that pic of Buster! Gotta love the Maine Coon cats.

DC and Rudy, you guys can now verify what I try to tell people, WE don't adopt cats, THEY adopt US!

Charlie

I went over to Bob Warner's place today to use a REAL grinder for a heavy knife I'm working on and his shop pooch is in the background of this picture. She's a 2 year old husky named Sable, and never flinched when the sparks started flying. You can see her in the corner looking rather unimpressed.

IMG_3529.jpg

Hmm, this pic tells me it's time for a summertime diet plan! :lol:

Charlie

You're right, Charlie. Sam and his sister, Delila, (he's about twice her size). have been with us for 12 years, and they seem to be pretty much in charge...

Dick

Hey Murph,I think Huey and my little shop dog had some of the same genes.Sadly Bud, also a Beagle passed away, he was a great friend and about the same height and weighed 42 lbs.Dave

lwf20.jpg

Back