Shipping overseas?

JDW

I have a request for a knife that would go to Switzerland. The Postmaster at my post office says that it would be prohibited to ship a knife to Swiss. because they consider knives a weapon, and weapons are not permited to be shipped into Swiss. But she did say that she was not 100% certain of that, but in her research that is what she had been told. Is there a way to find out for sure, maybe a website that has a list of places that we can't ship knives to. I sure don't want to do something illegal.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dale

I wouldn't worry about it, State what it is on the customs form and let the buyer know you will not be responsible if customs claims it because it is not legal.
You wont be doing anything illegal as long as you fill out the customs form completely and truthfully.
Chris

I don't want my customer to loose his knife, and hard earned money. So I want to know if it will get to him or not, if there is a chance it will not get to him, I won't make it for him.
Thanks KnifeMaker.ca for the info. is the Email link in your post for the Police Liaison Office?
Thanks again

I don't want my customer to loose his knife, and hard earned money. So I want to know if it will get to him or not, if there is a chance it will not get to him, I won't make it for him.
Thanks KnifeMaker.ca for the info. is the Email link in your post for the Police Liaison Office?
Thanks again

Yes. I just googled Swiss Embassy and that section looked like the most relevant to ask the question.

Rob!

Back