SHEATH MAKERS I NEED HELP

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
I have made over 100 sheathes and saw a sheath that is to say the least something like ive never seen I can show a picture but that wont explain what I saw. The sheath actually went through a process of some sort and almost turned it into steel. I tapped it with a coin and its almost sounded like metal wrapped in leather. When I pulled the knife from the sheath it was tighter than any normal sheath as well but actually clicked into place when pushed into the sheath. The leather is 10 oz with a triple/double welt one of the best sheaths ive seenin my hand.
HPIM1975.jpg

Is it possible the sheath could have been leather wrapped over kydex? Seeing a good bit of that lately.

I've also used a couple of dyes that will make the leather very hard after use. I personally don't like them and wind up oiling the sheath considerably afterwards to soften it back up.

I've done a fair amount of leatherwork but I'm positive there are others on here that know much more than I do and might be able to give the correct answer.

Charlie

Back