Sewing Machine suggestion

Gahagan

I am in need of a sewing machine. My hands have finally said enough of the leather awl. My arthritus is getting worse and I have had to have my wife help sometimes ( she also said enough). I have about $2000 I can put towards one. Any suggestions? I looked at the tipmann boss as well as the artisan 3000. What will give me the best performance and versitility?

Well, if you have $2000 then you are just about there on the Artisan 3000. The 3000 is one of a group of "almost the same" machines which includes Cobra, Cowboy etc. etc. Since they all have a pretty common heritage, (Juki) then it boils down to customer service and technical back up. That is where my personal experience is solidly with Artisan. (I got my first of two Artisans about 8 years ago, and I have had nothing but A+ service since) Much to my surprise the 3000 does an adequate job with lighter threads and smaller needles for the little bit finer work you'd like to do. You can check with Stuart Branson on this fact. He posts here. Then the heavier work is just what this baby is designed for with heavier threads and larger needles.

Give Artisan a call and visit with Jerry Zonis or Dave Seigal, both great guys and they will answer your questions with no BS. Good luck.

Paul

Last edited:
Back