Seriously Guys

I don't write much on the forums but I wanted to reply to this one.
I have several customers that buy many knives for me, one as many a 30-35. When a coustomer of only one knife ask for me to resharp or buff and fluff his knife I simply say send it to me and I will get it right back to you. As a full time maker it doesn't take but one or two customers to say something that is not bad but questionable and it can hurt your business.
I tell all my customer I will sharpen all their knives even the one I did not make including kitchen knives at no charge just pay shipping, so putting a $5.00 dollar bill in the package gets them back to you in short order. Just customer service saying how much I appreciate their business.
I have to tell this little story about a customer of mine for Louisiana.
he bought a large knife to hunt hogs with. Back in the early 90's I would tell people my knives were guaranteed againt anything, not mentioning as long as they were used as a knife was meant to be used. This man called me about two weeks later and said he broke the blade on the knife. Since that had never before or since happened I questioned him and he said he broke it prying with it. I did not like it but told him to send it back and I would replace it. He ask why he had to send it back and I said so I could see the break and copy the nife for him. I got it back and made him a new one. He called and said he did not really think I would replace it and was glad I stood behind my statement. OVER THE NEST TWO YEARS HE BOUGHT ABOUT 40 KNIVES FOR ME. He said all his friends needed a knife with such a guarantee. I changed and now say they are guaranteed if you use them like a knife should be used. But being raised on a farm in East Texas we used a knife for anything and everything, so to a fram boy or rancher a knife may be used different that to a office worker or hunter.
Think about your customers since in todays market they are getting fewer and buying more forgein made knives.
Keep the american knifemaker strong BUY AMERICAN.
Thanks for reaking this
Percy
richardsonhandmadeknives.com

Back