Just finished my second Bowie.

Weight : 455g
Blade length : 250mm
Handle length : 137mm
Steel : 01 - 5 X 40 mm
Blade grind/finish : Full flat grind, Satin finish 400 grit
Guard & pommel : Wrought iron etched
Handle : Irish antler/ stainless pin

The handle came from an antler that must have been damaged at an early stage of growth as the brow tine was growing towards the skull and there was a small growth above it which I liked the look of, the curve before the pommel.

The balance point is right at the guard, by design of course :rolleyes:

I agree, I like the way the antler has that little curve, good catch. I also like the way you carried the antler texture into the pommel sides. I'm a newbie, but only thing I can see that is missing, is your makers mark. I like it.

That's what I call a great introduction! A very beautiful knife, well thought out knife. Welcome to the forum.

I agree, I like the way the antler has that little curve, good catch. I also like the way you carried the antler texture into the pommel sides. I'm a newbie, but only thing I can see that is missing, is your makers mark. I like it.

Looked into getting a punch engraved for a makers mark, just a bit to costly at the moment.

Thanks for the positive comments!

If you're handy with a soldering iron, there are quite a few plans floating around for building an electro-etcher. I built mine with some recycled parts from my junk stash and a couple parts from Radio Shack for less than $30. There's tons of stuff about etching on here.

If you're handy with a soldering iron, there are quite a few plans floating around for building an electro-etcher. I built mine with some recycled parts from my junk stash and a couple parts from Radio Shack for less than $30. There's tons of stuff about etching on here.

I'll look into that,thanks!

Back