PA150005.jpg

PA150006.jpg

PA150013.jpg

PA150014.jpg

PA150015.jpg

PA150016.jpg

The plan was to make it like this:

PA150001.jpg

but after a while I decided to change it. The GITD only slips over the blue spacer now and snaps into place. No need to take the knife apart. I like it so far. Let me know what you think.

I did another one today, only smaller because the large GITD backspacer is somewhat to bright.....I cant sleep at night as I take the knife and put it near my bead lamp to do some reading....then when I turn the bed lamp off.....its DAMN bright!

Will post a pic later.

Great post, can you tell me where you bought the glow in the dark mat?
thanks Gordon

Here is the smaller one I made that hopefully wont keep me up at night.

PB040009.jpg

PB040011.jpg

I bought it from a company called Nat Glow (South African branch) but there is one in the USA. They also have pigments and paints that one can play with. I use the pigment and mix it into an epoxy to make beads for my lanyards.

Glad you like it!

I like the small one....I would like to see your beads

It is really nothing special. You can see it here at the end of the fob, but it has improved since then. Will see if I can get some current pictures. At work at the moment and dont have those with me.

P16-11-10_15-451Small.jpg

I make them by mixung the epoxy and pigment and through it into a lipstick cap that I cut in half. To keep it together I only use two small rubber bands. when it sets I just break open and I have a solid piece. Then I just drill a hole for the cord.

Last edited:
I was looking at the glow in the dark air-soft pellets today, and wondering if I could melt them down into a flat sheets to make scales... Beads is a really crafty idea!

I just bought a sheet from Nat Glow...pictures!

PB050002.jpg

PB0500011.jpg

PB050001.jpg

I know this is a very old thread, but I just found it and am very much interested in making/buying a GITD backspacer for my small Chris Reeve Sebenza like the small backspacer Marthinus shows in his 12-08-2010 post. Went looking for the NatGlow plastic sheet shown above, but neither the South Africa nor USA sites had them on offer.

Would it be possible to get a pointer to the NatGlow plastic sheet material from someone?

Thanks!

Back