Sambar Hunter

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
The blade for this knife is one I have had on hand for several months. Believe it came from some L-6 saw steel that I also did several thermal cycles before I totally heat treated it. Before I started building this knife I decided that the blade was to fat so I ground more away without the use of a belt grinder. I'm really looking forward to having my belt grinder working now. I did buy a new HF 7" angle grinder and used my old bench grinder for most of this knife. Rubbed the blade out several times by hand to remove the scratches. The blade is 5 3/4". I used modern iron for the fittings and a really nice piece of sambar stag for the handle. Overall this knife is 11". I even use my belt grinder when I do my leather work but found out the old bench grinder works pretty good on leather.

IMG_8848.JPG

IMG_8850.JPG

IMG_8849.JPG

Looking good Ray.
Are you gonna make it to the Dec 7th mini show?

No mini show this year however I did get talked into doing the spring show. Need to remember to get a table for that.

My daughter and two granddaughters are going to spend the month of December with us. They live in Tokyo so I should be here.

No mini show this year however I did get talked into doing the spring show. Need to remember to get a table for that.

My daughter and two granddaughters are going to spend the month of December with us. They live in Tokyo so I should be here.

Glad you get your family home for the Holidays!
It's good to hear you are getting a table at the April show, I think early registration ends in a week or so. See ya there!

Back