Round knife sheath

Chef Niloc

I started this one before I watched Paul's new DVD, so I had to guess how to make one. Here's what I came up with

8aface5f.jpg

aa9932e5.jpg

69f149b5.jpg

3be9d693.jpg

A brand new idea for Round Knife sheaths and very neatly done too, my friend. Is that Diamond Back?.......and is there a closure fastener I am not seeing?

Paul

A brand new idea for Round Knife sheaths and very neatly done too, my friend. Is that Diamond Back?.......and is there a closure fastener I am not seeing?

Paul

Yes Paul diamond back, I like the way it looks with sheep horn ( the handle). Horse hise and deer skin lining ( inspired by you ) it was tricky to do the rollover on both the outside and inside ring. Earth magnet used to keep closed, you can see how in this pic

84704e9a.jpg

Here us another I'm doing, not done yet. I have been practicing the tri-weave.

cf80e783.jpg

It's thanks to you that they are coming out half decent, still some ways to go.

I'm diggin that tri-weave. I like the diamond back too. Interesting too...I never really thought about how you would go about making a sheath for a round blade.
Looks like you got it!

Eric

Yes Paul diamond back, I like the way it looks with sheep horn ( the handle). Horse hise and deer skin lining ( inspired by you ) it was tricky to do the rollover on both the outside and inside ring. Earth magnet used to keep closed, you can see how in this pic

84704e9a.jpg

Here us another I'm doing, not done yet. I have been practicing the tri-weave.

cf80e783.jpg

It's thanks to you that they are coming out half decent, still some ways to go.

"I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw and went to work"!

I hadn't thought of earth magnets. So the arched area at the bottom of the sheath is that a magnet or a piece of steel for the magnet to catch?

I really like that tri-weave! :35:

Very cool. I like you clam shell design, Great looking combo on the rattler set up! Thanks for posting and a Merry Christmas Chef!

Wow thanks guys. As I sad I had to guess how to make a round knife sheath B/C I had not seen one till I watched Paul's newest DVD. To get compliments is...well amazing. Being new to leather work (2 years) and this my first try at this type of sheath.

To answer the last question there are two earth magnets one on each side. This gives the sheath a nice "snap" tight close. Behind the magnets on the other side of the welt is some magnetic shielding to keep the sheath from attracting other knives, tools, or other mettle objects.

I came up with this idea (shielding magnets) for a "spoon holder" design I came up with. Im a chef and I got tired of spoons falling out of my back pocket. The 1st time I made a "holding strap" I didn't shield the back side (out side) of the strap and mettle objects would fly towards my ass:what!:, could be dangerous in a kitchen. Note in the pictures that the spoon sticks very strong to the inside, but not at all on the outside. There is 3 layers od shielding, 4 layers of leather, plus the pant pocket between the magnets and the outside of the strap.

b15963b2.jpg

818d0dc2.jpg

ecd63140.jpg

956c9621.jpg

0ab02a5e.jpg

Thanks chef, that's too cool. I have a push stick for my 2x72 that I used an earth magnet embedded into the handle, it keeps the thing handy to the grinder when in need it! You know it just hangs around until I need it but don't have to worry about it vibrating off into the grinder when running!

Back