Road Trip

Plas62

I'm headed out in the morning to St. Petersburg, FL to pickup a surface grinder I found on Craigslist. It's an older 120 vac Central Machinery benchtop model with a magnetic chuck for $400. It's an 8 hour drive each way, but I think it's worth it, a new unit similar to this one from Enco without a mag chuck is going for $2,500.00.

I'll post some pic's sometime next week after I get it setup.

Why can't I find neat stuff like that on Craig's list.... or anywhere else. Congrats!!!

Ken H>

8 hours to St Pete?? Where in the world are you coming from? I once had to drive from Pensacola to Ft Myers and that was only 10 hours!

Congrats on the surface grinder..they have gotten really hard to find on Craigslist for a good deal. I got lucky that Josh sent me mine (in a round about way).

I left Florida early like 4:00 am Tuesday morning for North Carolina, a storm, and this:

rps20140213_134554.jpg

Great score, have a safe trip.
I wish I could find a great deal like yours.

I pretty pumped about the find I've been looking for a while and this is the first one I've found in a reasonable driving distance, the last one I seen like this was in Colorado. I'm in GA a little south of Atlanta.

I used this search engine to find it http://www.searchtempest.com/. It's a pretty sweet tool, saves a lot of time a whole lot better thanmanually going through ads.

I made it back home by about 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning and had the surface grinder unloaded and setup on the stand by 12:30 p.m.

This morning I clean and lubed it and got the "One Shot Lube System" back in operation. I ground one side of a piece of scrap steel I had and it worked pretty good. The guy I bought it from could not find the spanner wrenches for changing the stone. I guess I will end up ordering the wrenches from Grizzly. I found the manual for mine on the web and downloaded the manual for the small grizzly surface grinder and the look to be the same unit. The Grizzly manual has a lot better information in it.

Here's a couple of pic's

Back