Resiprene C handle?

Okee

Does anyone know where I can find information about creating a Resiprene-C knife handle?

I have searched forever on the net but can't find anything.

My guess is a mold would need to be made in the shape I want but I can't even find the material either.

I'm no expert but I suspect it's a special rubber/plastic injection molded under heat and pressure used by Busse, swamprat and their ilk. A good low tech material that is similar is horse stall matting like is used on bladesports knives.

I'm no expert but I suspect it's a special rubber/plastic injection molded under heat and pressure used by Busse, swamprat and their ilk.

That is the material I am asking about. If possible I would like to know who or what company to ask to find out info about this product.

Busse as far as I know make up marketing names for their materials. Resiprene c is from handling it similar to kraton so maybe start with companies that use that.
I think when you start looking a whole new confusing world of rubber will open up. I'd keep it simple and use horse stall mat, I have also seen the matting material used in ramps and speed bump applications so it is available in bits more conducive to through tang projects.

Back