Recommended reading

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I have been reading the Bible teachings of Les Feldick for several months. He has helped me understand many things that weren't quite clear,things that I've never heard anyone expound upon before. I prove all he says by comparing to the Bible. I believe his teachings are true.
I would like some of you more learned about the Bible,like Brad Lilly and Raymond Richard,to read His books about the New Testament and let me know what you think.
I read at www.lesfeldick.org he has 80 something books online that teach the Bible.

Last edited:
I will give it a read Calvin, however I'm not much of a scholar.

I'm not a scholar either. I didn't mean to limit this request to you and Ray,I would like to know what anyone thinks.
I've been reading the Bible daily for only about 5 years now and thought someone with more experience and knowledge might confirm what I'm thinking about this man.

Bible daily for only about 5 years now and thought someone with more experience and knowledge might confirm what I'm thinking about this man
I'm honored to be thought of Calvin and I will take a look, but you already said the key is to weigh what ever is written against scripture.

Like I said,I've only been reading the Bible regularly for about 5 years,1 1/2 hour a day. At first it was very difficult to understand,I have read it many times over and it gets easier each time. I have been reading Les's teachings for about 6 months now and it has advanced my understanding by light years. I believe God has answered my prayers for understanding by leading me to these teachings.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5 NIV
Right here is the promise of wisdom for those who desire it. Praying for wisdom and reading God's word will make you wise.

What version of the Bible are you reading Calvin? Sometimes the King James King Jame Version is a little hard to understand. I tend to reach for the New International Version myself. I will admit the Eugene Petersons The New Living Translation puts a new view point on scripture, but for serious study I always fall back on the KJV or NIV

I've become a something of a collector of translations. Neither Hebrew or Greek translate well into English, differing translations help to bring out the original meanings of the scriptures. I like (but not love) the Amplified Bible... sometimes a word for word translation just doesn't capture the full meaning of the Greek. The New Century Version is about as easy to understand as it gets, it is what got me back into the word after a 20 year lapse into heathenism. I like the NASB translation also... Young's Literal Translation is a favorite, for you hardcore types... :)

Les Feldick is a good teacher of the word, I've listened to his show for over a year now and really enjoy it, even if I disagree with him on a few minor points.

I personally use the NKJV because its easier for me to wrap my head around. I have a ton of different bible translations on the shelf, and when I am in serious study I will have any number of them strewn out across the table. The Greek and Hebrew translations are a near must for dedicated word by word study.
I got most of my bibles and study material in gift form when I was in bible college. I doubt I could have afforded to gather them all myself. My mother was super supportive of my studies and bought me tons of reference materials.
It was great to have someone support my efforts the way she did, and we would spend hours talking scripture and interpretation...and application. I miss those times.

A Bible Scholar I am not. I've been going to a men's bible study for 6 or 7 years. We started with the old testament and are about halfway done with the new. I do think we will finish that during my lifetime. I think the Bible should be required reading in all schools. I've been reading a book called "Return to the Land". I'd have to look to see who wrote it. Calvin, I'll keep an eye open for the book you had mentioned.

A few months ago I decided to bring my Bible into the shop and made a habit to stop several times a day to read it out loud. With the colder temps I don't find myself in the shop that much right now although it is now back up to the 40's. Need to get back to doing that more.

Thats a great idea Ray, but I doubt I would take a bible out to my shop/garage...too dirty. I like to write out scripture on sticky notes and place them where I will see them in odd places, like inside cabinet doors and window frames. It helps me remember and stop and think.

Thats a great idea Ray, but I doubt I would take a bible out to my shop/garage...too dirty. I like to write out scripture on sticky notes and place them where I will see them in odd places, like inside cabinet doors and window frames. It helps me remember and stop and think.

To dirty. I don't know about that. Me writing on sticky notes will not work since my smaller hand writing is unreadable. Anyway it sounds to me like several are doing the write thing. The Bible needs to be a big part of everyday life. Being one with the spirit is huge! I just wish I had started with the Bible at a younger age but in God's Eyes its never to late.

I have many translations also, you would be surprised what you can find in junk/thrift stores. I like the NIV most of the time because I like the way it reads. with the King James, I find myself having to stop and try to translate Old English to american english and sometimes forget what I was reading(old age?). IMHO, find a translation you like and read on a regular basis
The New Jerusalem is a different translation to read, the translators have had access to the Dead Sea Scrolls since the early 60's and the English is readable. It is also a RC Bible, so it has books the KJV doesn't. the books of Macabee I find interesting for their historical account of what was happening in the Holy Land during the gap between Malachi and Matthew.
the old sailor

Calvin, Thank you very much! I did an online search and found Les on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXSAXOdaIg I learned a lot just by watching the video plus theres a whole lot more.

This is what its all about. Brother helping brother learn the truth. I'm so glad to be a child of God.......

I just got done watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJrZPjSRn58 I feel like I learned more in this 44 minute video than I have being a Christian for the last 32 years.

Last edited:
Back