Recent Work (Picture Heavy)

antigoth24

So I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth, I haven't had much time to do things online in quite a while other than the odd Facebook update. One of the main reasons for this has been my family has been reduced to one car temporarily and doing all of the driving has deeply cut into shop time, on top of that I have added a temporary fabrication job to my full time knife making business during my busiest time of the year. At 80 hours per week now I'm starting to feel the wear, but it will certainly pay off come March :)

All that being said time for some pictures:

This past November I was privileged to teach another class at the North House Folk School in Northern Minnesota, this one was on the Scandinavian small forest ax. I had five students over four days and they all did a great job.

My good friend Paul also came in the week prior to the class to forge his first ax for a friend in Germany:

Then my wife with my demonstration ax I made in the class at the folk school:

Around this same time I had a PW viking sword bust in the quench, but the tip was still salvageable so I turned it into a quillion dagger:

The customer decided that they wanted it a bit shorter so I shortened it and replaced the handle, the bocote with fluting certainly gives it a wild look doesn't it?

Fast forward to December and I was working on some small forest axes:

There was actually a third axe with the rough forged finished, but it wouldn't fit in the picture unfortunately:

I believe I might have posted this before, so if I did already I apologize, but this is a 16 inch bowie in 1084 with claro walnut; photographed by our own Scott Rousch.

Lastly a few puukkos and a multi-bar twisted jelly roll hunter and a large 1095 camp chopper:

Thanks for looking!

Robert

I've got to learn to make axes some day. Great work all around. And there's nothing quite like a pretty girl with a pretty axe, especially if she knows how to use it.

Back