Re-Introduction

Bill Vining

Hey all,
It's been quite a while since I've been here. Several years ago, I had decided to take a short hiatus from knifemaking. During that time, I had made a difficult decision to dismantle my workshop as I needed the space in my little house. Everything was put in storage. Well, to make a long story short, our family decided to move to a new larger house last year. My main requirement for this new house was to have my own space for my knife shop!!! My wishes were granted. I now have a large basement. The electrician has wired it up for all my stuff, a huge workbench has been built, all my stuff has been setup exactly where I need it. I just added a Wilton Square Wheel that I picked up for $200. It's been in storage for the last 15 years and it's in perfect condition. If anyone has a slow down wheel for it, please let me know.

Spent the last month ordering supplies and I'm good to go. I've been working on a few new designs and I have to tell you, it's not like riding a bike. There are so many things that have to be re-learned and I have a bucket of scrap to prove it! I'm very excited to get back to work and hopefully, I am here to stay. If I can assist anyone in any way, please feel free to drop me a line.

My web site is back up and running including the tutorials I had posted.
Bill Vining Knives

Good to be back!
Bill

Welcome back, Bill. I had a cursory look at your gallery on your website. You have built exceptionally beautiful knives. I look forward to seeing some of your work showcased here.

Last edited:
Nice to see Bill back at it again. He called the other day just to catch up. Great hearing from you Bill.
t

Your slipjoint tutorial is just terrific! Very well written and easy to understand....I mean even I understood it! thanks.

Back