Purple and blue G-10

CTaylorJr

Where can I find it?

I've looked at quite a few places and can't find what I need... Suggestions?

Charlie

Justin King

Used to be a guy named Ben Sweet who made crazy colored G10, not sure if he's still doing it though. He was on Bladeforums for a while and used to sell on Ebay but I don't see him either place anymore.

Rob Nelson

If you find it, or any other crazy colors, please post back and let us know. I'm making a knife for my daughter and she likes smurf puke color combinations :biggrin:

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
I am unaware of any sources who handle that color combination regularly. However, most of the suppliers can get just about any color combination you want....but there is a catch. You will likely be told that you have to purchase a minimum quantity. I've been quoted minimums as small as two full sheets, to as many a 5 full sheets, with prices ranging from $225 to $400 per sheet, depending on the desired color combinations. I suppose it a person made a huge run of a given knife/design, it might be worth it, but it was too rich for my blood.

Rob Nelson

Charlie, you could try just making some mycarta using blue and purple cloth. I just read a few WIP tutorials on that, and it looks relatively straightforward.

JDW

I am also looking for purple G10, I went over to Bladeforums, in the knifemakers supplies for sale forum, and found a guy selling burlap scales. I have sent him an email asking about fiberglass laminates. He goes by Fod on the forum, you may want to check with him, or I can pass along here what he tells me when he replies back to my email. Hope this helps someone looking for crazy colors of laminates.

CTaylorJr

Thanks for the replies and ideas folks. I should have clarified that I need purple G-10 as well as blue G-10, not the combination of both... I think I may have found it, will let you know if I have.

Charlie

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
My first call would be to Phil at Masecraft for bright colored G-10. He usually has a wide variety of the eye catching colors.