Puronvarsi Hunter

USNGMG2

Finally completed the Puronvarsi 100mm Hunter. Blade was hand polished to 800x then gray Scotch-Brite satin finish, belly slightly modified, the profile and the spine reground to straight and beveled. The peened .187" brass bolster was fitted to the blade and epoxied into the Gidgee handle with a contrasting Redheart spacer. The handle shape is a modification of the shape I recently started using. It is the most comfortable handle for me so far.

I love that style! And the fit on the brass to the blade is excellent. I don't now if I have the patience to attempt that, but maybe one of these days...

Beautiful knife, sleek lines and shape. This is another knife that I look at, shake my head, and say wow "how the hell did he do that"! Wonderful workmanship.

I love that style! And the fit on the brass to the blade is excellent. I don't now if I have the patience to attempt that, but maybe one of these days...
Beautiful knife, sleek lines and shape. This is another knife that I look at, shake my head, and say wow "how the hell did he do that"! Wonderful workmanship.
That is one sharp knife. Probably sharp too!
Thank you Tim, Bob and Greg for complimenting my work. The Puronvarsi blade needed a fair amount of finishing and some modifying before using it to make a knife. This blade takes and holds a wicked edge.

Back