Punch press

Indian George

CL has this for sale for $200.VERY HEAVY DUTY OLDER PUNCH PRESS - WITH MINIMUM TOOLING - WAS WORKING GREAT - NEEDS MOTOR - PROBABLY WEIGHS 1000 POUNDS - $200.00 - YOU LOAD AND HAUL. CELL - 508-246-0056
I wondering if it could be converted to a power hammer??? :les::s7435:It weight is around 1000#.

Last edited:
Presses like this do not stop when they hit the part, they have to go all the way through the stroke. I think it would be dangerous to hit hot steel with one. I have seen many of these in action and can be very dangerous if not used properly.

I think (scary) that a motor with a clutch and setup the bottom anvil so it can be adjustable with metal shims. :s7435:
If I had the room, I would get it. I'm a Tinker. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Hey George,I have one of these in my shop.Bought it when I first started out.Cracked the crank as soon as I started using it even though we set it up with a spring system so it could be used as a hammer.Been trying to figure out how to convert it into a hydraulic press now.
Bruce

Hey George,I have one of these in my shop.Bought it when I first started out.Cracked the crank as soon as I started using it even though we set it up with a spring system so it could be used as a hammer.Been trying to figure out how to convert it into a hydraulic press now.
Bruce
Well one thing:34:between you and me I don't know who's the biggest tinker.:s12138: You have allot more access to get things to tinker with. HEHEHEHEHE!!! How's Donna and the rest of your Klan?????:3:
Hey!!! Didn't you have a hydraulic setup off a forklift or something like that????

Get it, I saw a video of a guy who put a handle on the flywheel. He used it as a flypress. IE No motor, and it was one just like that. All that mass would make a great flypress.
Chris

Back