Proverbs

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I started reading proverbs again the other day. Here are a few things that stood out for me at this time.
Proverbs chapter 1,verse,7:The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Read from verse 1 through verse 7 and this will make more sense.

Proverbs 18:22, He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 19:14, Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord. With valentines day coming up these things remind me of my wife because they both apply to her.

Because I'm an old grey headed man....
Proverbs 16:31, The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, IF it is found in the way of righteousness.
Proverbs20:29, The glory of young men is their strength, And the splendor of old men is their grey head.
Proverbs17:6, Children's children are the crown of old men, And the glory of children is their father.

These are just a few things that hit a chord with me while I've been reading,I'll post more in this thread as I read on. Y'all feel free to add your favorite proverbs.

Proverbs 8:10-11 Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 12:9 Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food.

Proverbs 6:16-19 There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Proverbs 1:7 is also a favorite of mine.

Back