Product Liability

I do not know how common it is to get product liability insurance on custom knives, but,

we are looking for custom knife makers who have it.

We will also get the coverage as a distributor.

I

We are looking for knife makers to make commemorative knives that we will re-sell.

The commemorative knives will have the maker's mark, and ours, on the knives.

So we will need for both of us to have Product Liability insurance.

Thank you....Russ

explain a little more , please
We are looking for knife makers to make commemorative knives that we will re-sell.

The commemorative knives will have the maker's mark, and ours, on the knives.

So we will need for both of us to have Product Liability insurance.

Thank you....Russ

When you apply your mark, the original product has been technically modified from the original piece.
that releases all liability questions concerning the original maker

what your asking is akin to asking Goodyear tires to sell you commemorative tires then you do something to them, rebrand them, whatever, then expect Goodyear or their insurance company to accept liability for them blowing out on the highway.
this whole thing sounds pretty sketchy to me.

I have deleted a few posts in this thread.
If you have an issue with a post, report it.

When you apply your mark, the original product has been technically modified from the original piece.
that releases all liability questions concerning the original maker

what your asking is akin to asking Goodyear tires to sell you commemorative tires then you do something to them, rebrand them, whatever, then expect Goodyear or their insurance company to accept liability for them blowing out on the highway.
this whole thing sounds pretty sketchy to me.
Hello Bladegrinder: Thank you for the information, and yes, that makes sense.

We would have the knife maker apply our mark on the knife as well as theirs. This way we are not altering the knife.

We've had knives made for us in the past, and we were advised to have product liability insurance.
The insurance company required that the knife maker also have product liability.

Obviously, Buck, Case, Bench Made, etc. have product liability insurance, however we would prefer a custom knife maker.
That is why I asked if there are custom knife makers in this forum who have product liability insurance.

Russ

I'm going to politely bow out of this thread Russel for a few reasons,

#1 Your public profile on this forum is blank, which lowers any credibility your post's have.
#2 you don't name the company or people you work with coming with this offer.
#3 you don't give any description of said knife your interested in having made.
#4 you don't name or have any links to previous projects you claimed to have done in the past.
#5 the business plan you propose is entirely opposite of any standard practice a knifemaker would enter with a private company.
#6 your very first post here is asking who here has private liability insurance, frankly that's no one's business except the knifemaker himself,
nobody should have to divulge that on a public forum to a stranger.

Back