Post your New Years Knife related pledge..

Knife highlights of 2013 for me included a couple of big bowies, a couple of knife shows, a couple of frame handles, upgrading my grinder to variable speed, getting a knife in Blade mag, and joining the Knifemaker's Guild as a Probarionary member.

My plans for '14 include getting a couple of my designs waterjet cut, continuing to improve my tools and fit/finish, and to finally go legit in terms of setting up my hobby as a business. I am joining the ABS next week so I can get the clock ticking there and work toward my JS after I finish the guild process in '15. I might can work out a way to get to Texarkana/Washington for the Intro to Bladesmithing class in '14 to cut a year off the wait.

My goal for 2014 is to have more fun with knives and the knife community here on KD than I did in 2013. I know it's a tough resolution...but somebody's got to do it. :) You all get home OK tonight, stay healthy, and have a GREAT 2014. Teddy

My goal for the coming year is to get back into the shop and build some knives. I hope my health will allow it.

I have been fortunate this last year and have been able to attain some vital machinery to help begin my path down this (hopefully) life long journey of making custom knives.

For 2014 I will be working towards.....
straightening and re-organizing my workspace so I have a permanent and SAFE location for my purchase (very quickly in the next week or two) of a heat treat oven.
Finishing my flat platen on my NWG.
Finishing the restoration of my Bandsaw so I can cut up some of the Burl and nice pieces of wood I have to send off for stabilization.
Forge more knives in 2014 than I did in 2013 (only 2, but still, it is a goal!)
Locate a final setup spot for the awesome Surface Grinder I was blessed to acquire last year!
Set up and RUN said surface grinder!
Practice all aspects of knife making so I can work towards testing in 2016 for my JS stamp, weather just performance or also presenting my 5....still too early to tell!

My pledge is to make at the least 50 knives this year with stands and hopefully sheaths. If I sell half of them I'll be pleased.

My Goal is to make a mini press and power hammer and some decent damascus. Make a good folder. 75 knives. Get better and make more $$$

This year I want to 1) acquire a 2x72 grinder, 2) try out something with bolsters, and 3) develop a couple "model" blades and make durable patterns for them.

So far have convinced the boss lady I need a good 2x72 and am trying to convince her I need an excellent one. Lol Am collecting feedback on knives I have out so far, making tweaks here and there. Just reading up on bolsters. As a maybe, would also like to find a class or grind-in over the summer.

Hi Bert I'm in the Valley smack in the middle between Yarmouth and Dartmouth. Good to see another Maritimer on here

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but my goals for '14 are to upgrade my kiln to a larger programmable Evenheat and make myself a forging forge. I started forging blades this year up here in Canada, and it's one of many habits acquired up here that I want to bring back to Texas with me. Running is another, and I want to do another half marathon, but this is supposed to be knife related...

Back