Possible Logo

That would work fine.......IF all your letter and number characters are perfectly centered on each of their respective posts. I used that method for my first 10 blades or so but each individual letter was not centered the same on each post. It looked terrible.
so, what did you do to correct it?

On my stock removal blades, I cold stamp my name after I clean the mill scale off of the profiled blank but before any HT. That way the letters show up black.

I like your logo by the way. If it were mine I would put a Walrus in the middle...Walrus are cool.
I laughed then thought. Yeah Walrus’s are cool.

I think it’s to busy for my liking but that’s just my opinion. I’ve seen some makers marks that look more like billboards.

I agree with opaul Mark, it looks to busy. it's distracting and brings your eyes to the center before seeing your name.
as for stamps I use a Henry Evers too. when I first got it I thought that was it but there's more to getting your mark on the blade than having a stamp, here was my solution, I didn't have a milling machine at the time so I had this made.
these pictures were posed using a blade that was already heat treated just to show it in play.
the nice thing about this fixture is you can stamp once, bang it around and stamp again and the mark won't move.
the blade is held tight in the fixture.
GE4yOWy.jpg

Gtievof.jpg

TGSqYXy.jpg

I'll not comment on the logo content as a stamp, but offer a couple of general thoughts on using the logo as a business name.
- If you're trying to tie the logo and your name together and want to use it as your business name, you should check with your state business license registrar to make sure what you want to use is a unique name that can be licensed. That registration will determine your name on your form of license (LLC/Corp,etc), Federal Tax ID, bank accounts, checks, etc.
- You also may want to consider tying the business name to a unique website URL (say, MBaroneknives.com) or some easily remembered variation of the name. Checking availability of that name may drive your logo decisions.
- And you also might give some thought as to the future of the business. If you think you'd like to sell the business some day, you might consider making the name generic versus using your own name (say SuperDuperKnives LLC vs Mark Barone LLC). A generic name may sell easier than your personal name.
...just some thoughts to kick around...

Back