Please identify this CASE XX ...??WW2 "fighting knife"??

this doesn't help at all but I've never seen a CASE fixed blade fighter before. Interesting. If you find out, please let us know.

I got curious and went to google images and typed in case knife fighter and found several models of their US Marine knife that wa fairly close. I'd guess you have an early version of that?

THANKS!! Based on your inference, I sent pics to a dealer in military knives; he identified it as a WW2 "Utility" knife. Apparently, many firms manufactured such knives, including Kabar, Cattaraugus, Camillus......and Case produced several variants also.

I have a new updated case book . The fixed blades run in the 150 to 300 dollar range depending condition for the most part . I dont see this exact knife in my book leather is normally not as highly collected as stag. I cant help you out to much but leather wasnt used as much on their higherend knives. Kellyw

Additional about your case

pearl harbor comm. set  1of500 001.jpgpearl harbor comm. set  1of500 004.jpg

This may help some. Case reissued this set of WW2 knives as a Pearl Harbor comm. in 2001. Your knife is the same as the set.

Case did market this knife to all the services and called it something different each time....same knife ... different BS.

Hope this helps,

Jim

THANKS!! Based on your inference, I sent pics to a dealer in military knives; he identified it as a WW2 "Utility" knife. Apparently, many firms manufactured such knives, including Kabar, Cattaraugus, Camillus......and Case produced several variants also.

This is correct. Knives just like rifles were made by many companies during the war. Five manufacturers made M1 garlands including IBM and The Rockola Jukebox company. GM produced "Sherman" tanks. Knives were a little different however being that there were already several cutlery companies in the US all they had to do was produce a different model. That's why you don't see a Kbar style knife made by IBM like the rifles.

Back